To provide transparency and expand member engagement, SMPS HQ provides an executive summary of the board of directors’ discussions and decisions following each regular meeting. The eight-member board of directors meets in person at least four times each fiscal year to fulfill its responsibility of governing the Society and advancing the strategic needs of our members, the organization, and the A/E/C marketing profession. Participants at these meetings include the senior management staff and often the the SMPS Foundation president.
The board met on October 6-7, 2022, at HQ in Alexandria, VA. This was their first meeting of the fiscal year, which began on September 1, 2022. Key discussion topics included the following:
- Discussed progress on the development of the 2022-25 strategic plan.
- Reviewed and approved the FY 2022-23 budget.
- Received the final report on the SMPS Fellows task force. The board will organize a permanent committee to organize programs and processes as recommended by the task force.
- Discussed opportunities to partner with the ACE Mentor organization.
- Received an update on our diversity, equity, and inclusion (DEI) initiatives and activities of the SMPS Foundation.