To provide transparency and expand member engagement, SMPS HQ provides an executive summary of the board of directors’ discussions and decisions following each regular meeting. The eight-member board of directors meets at least four times each fiscal year to fulfill its responsibility of governing the Society and advancing the strategic needs of our members, the organization, and the A/E/C marketing profession. The meeting typically also includes the SMPS Foundation president and the senior management staff.
Our volunteer leaders and senior staff met at the HQ in Alexandria, VA on March 30 for a quarterly meeting. The following are the key issues discussed:
- Quarterly update on the finances and operations
- Voted to update the Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion (DEI) Task Force to a full standing committee, effective Sept. 1, 2022 (the new fiscal year)
- Amplify A|E|C 2022 and 2024
- Directed the staff to update the membership codes of conduct and ethics and related investigation and adjudication processes
- A report from the SMPS Foundation on its initiatives
- Began discussions with our consultant on our strategic planning efforts
The next meeting is scheduled for June 2022.
If you have any questions regarding these matters or the Society’s board meetings, please contact SMPS Chief Executive Officer Michael V. Geary, CAE, at email@example.com.