To provide transparency and expand member engagement, SMPS HQ provides an executive summary of the board of directors’ discussions and decisions following each regular meeting. The eight-member board of directors meets at least four times each fiscal year to fulfill its responsibility of governing the Society and advancing the strategic needs of our members, the organization, and the A/E/C marketing profession. The meeting typically also includes the SMPS Foundation president and the senior management staff.
Our volunteer leaders and senior staff met online on November 12, 2020, for a quarterly meeting. The following are the key issues discussed:
- Quarterly update on the finances and operations
- HQ moving to new office space in 2021
- An “industry day” planned for January 2021
- The work of the various task forces
- Build Business 2020 and 2021
- Certification & Role Delineation Survey
- A recent member attitudinal research project
- Regional Conferences Development initiative
- A report from the SMPS Foundation on its initiatives
The next meeting is scheduled for mid-January 2021.
If you have any questions regarding these matters or the Society’s board meetings, please contact SMPS Chief Executive Officer Michael V. Geary, CAE, at email@example.com.