To provide transparency and expand member engagement, SMPS HQ provides an executive summary of the board of directors’ discussions and decisions following each regular meeting. The eight-member board of directors meets in person at least four times each fiscal year to fulfill its responsibility of governing the Society and advancing the strategic needs of our members, the organization, and the A/E/C marketing profession. The meeting typically also includes the SMPS Foundation president and the senior management staff.
Our volunteer leaders and senior staff met in early June in Cincinnati, OH, for the annual planning meeting. Included at the meeting were also the newly elected leaders for the 2019–20 fiscal year. The following matters were discussed:
- Approved the funding for the new Chapter Leadership Symposium (to replace the Presidents Leadership Symposium in 2020)
- Approved the appointment of the Build Business 2020 planning committee.
- Endorsed exploring certain host cities for Build Business 2022
- Received a report on the activities of the SMPS Foundation
- Received reports on the planning Build Business 2019 and 2020
- Received a report on the next steps for the development of the regional conferences and chapter technology
The board also participated in a networking event with the SMPS Cincinnati board of directors and orientation programs on nonprofit governance and leadership.
If you have any questions regarding these matters or the Society’s board meetings, please contact SMPS Chief Executive Officer Michael V. Geary, CAE, at email@example.com.