Your marketing skills are vital to the lifeline of your firm. Every day you further your company’s growth by identifying new project opportunities, developing business relationships, and getting your company’s name in front of prospective clients. That’s your job as a professional services marketer. SMPS, the recognized leader in education and information for marketing professional services, offers a credential that recognizes the marketing expertise you have achieved: Certified Professional Services Marketer (CPSM).
When you apply
for the CPSM program, you are taking your first step toward joining a
distinguished group of professionals who have made a commitment to
professional excellence, career advancement, and an ongoing pursuit of
CPSM Week is October 12–16
Have you heard about CPSM Week? Beginning this year, during the second week of October, SMPS will host CPSM Week to raise awareness of the value of being a Certified Professional Services Marketer (CPSM). Mark your calendar now to take part in the fun and informative activities we have planned for October 12–16, 2015. Each day, we will focus on one of the benefits of certification. This year’s theme is the “Sky’s the Limit.” Won’t you join us?
New SMPS Chapter Contest: Best Online CPSM Promotion Campaign
To help SMPS make certification more visible in the marketing professional services industry and draw attention to the value of certification, we are inviting and encouraging SMPS chapters to present an innovative and cohesive online campaign that promotes the CPSM program and certification.
To participate, during the month of September, promote the CPSM program on your chapter homepage, certification landing page, and through social media (Twitter, Facebook, YouTube, and LinkedIn).
How to get started:
- Email SMPS certification manager Kevin Doyle at email@example.com to let him know that your chapter is participating in the contest.
- Incorporate the CPSM logo and CPSM Infographic in your promotions. (Available in the certification folder in the Chapter Leaders library on MySMPS)
- Create a prominent location on your website where members can find more information on becoming a CPSM.
- Incorporate information about certification on your website with links to the SMPS Certification page.
- Share your social media links with SMPS Headquarters (HQ) so we can follow your activities.
- Develop a short 1-2 minute promo video with one of your CPSMs talking about the benefits of certification.
- Be creative. Have fun.
- Capture screen shots, links, and comments from your promotional activities and send them to Kevin Doyle at SMPS HQ by September 30.
The chapter* with the “Best CPSM Promotion” will receive:
So what are you waiting for? Start planning your promotions now!
Questions? Reach out to SMPS certification manager Kevin Doyle at 800.292.7677, ext. 232.
* Chapters will be judged based on the campaign presented.
SMPS Releases Infographic for Its Certification Program
Results show that the CPSM designation is a highly considered credential in the A/E/C industry.
Learn more about the value of certification.
View the Media Advisory.
New CPSM examination process began June 1, 2015.
View this video for an overview of changes to the CPSM program.
Benefits of Certification:
In this video, Shannah Hayley, FSMPS, CPSM, explains about why she chose to pursue certification, how her firm supported her, and the impact on her career.
The CPSM credential is a voluntary certification designed to elevate the professional standards in marketing and influence the future of this vital field. Furthermore, the CPSM designation serves as a mark of distinction for professional services marketers and business developers, raising their standing with their employers, peers, and the public.
A CPSM is recognized as an individual who has met a rigorous standard of experience and expertise in marketing professional services and has demonstrated their knowledge of the practice and related disciplines through a thorough examination of marketing competency. This individual further adheres to the ethics and responsibilities of the profession as outlined in the CPSM Code of Ethics.
For More Information
Contact Kevin Doyle, SMPS Headquarters, at 1.800.292.7677 or 1.703.549.6117, x232, or firstname.lastname@example.org.