Marketer is the Society’s award-winning bimonthly journal, reporting on current business development and marketing practices, issues, and trends.
Regularly cited as a top benefit of membership, Marketer provides original, knowledge-based content relevant to A/E/C professionals: innovative marketing, management, and leadership strategies, case studies, and lessons learned. Articles are written by industry practitioners and experts who face the challenges of marketing professional services every day.
Get it in your hands.
The May/June 2022 Amplify A|E|C issue has been posted as a digital issue for everyone to enjoy.
SMPS publishes six issues a year in January, March, May, July, September, and November—and our May and September issues also include a print version. Digital issues offer interactivity and special features.
Members can find a permanent link to the digital version as well as PDFs of the entire issue and individual articles within the Marketing Resource Center on MySMPS.
For each issue, members may publish a limited amount of content online. Please provide the following attribution:
© Marketer, The Journal of the Society for Marketing Professional Services,
Published in January, March, May, July, September, and November.
The Marketer Editorial Team welcomes your suggestions for future themes, topics, and stories. View our Marketer Editorial Guidelines. Please contact the editor at firstname.lastname@example.org, if you’re interested in pitching an idea for a Marketer article. Make sure to include a 150-word description of the story’s scope and your approach in the body of the email.
Article submissions are subject to content review and editorial revision by the editor and/or the publisher, and by the contributing editors who provide content, input, and direction for the publication.
SMPS CPSMs may earn one CEU for every 500 words published per article or book. They may earn one CEU for every two hours of research and preparation time used to write the article or book. A maximum of 15 CEUs may be earned for writing within a three-year period of time.
Marketer Editorial Committee for 2022
The Editorial Committee acts as an adviser to the publication and decides the issue themes on an annual basis. Individual committee members volunteer to take the lead on securing feature articles for each issue.
- Mark Buckshon, Publisher, Construction News & Report Group of Companies
- Ida Cheinman, Principal & Creative Director, substance151
- Krystle English, CPSM, Corporate Marketing Manager, NTH Consultants, Ltd.
- Craig Galati, FAIA, FSMPS, CPSM, President, LGA
- Wally Hise, P.E., Sr. Vice President HDR Engineering Inc.
- Julie Huval, FSMPS, CPSM, Head of Marketing, Beck Technology
- Clare Kelly, MS, CPSM, Principal Consultant, FUSE Marketing
- Jen McGovern, CPSM, Regional Marketing Manager, VHB
- Jennifer Van Vleet, CPSM, Vice President, Marketing & Communications, Global, Stantec
- Lynne Viccaro, Chief Marketing Officer, ACRES Capital
- Joy Woo, CPSM, LEED AP
- Sarah Wortman, CPSM, Director of Business Development, GGLO Design
- Ed Hannan, Principal, HannComm
- Nancy Usrey, FSMPS, CPSM, Associate Vice President, HNTB Corporation
Marketer is regularly cited as the top benefit of SMPS membership. The award-winning journal reaches almost 7,000 SMPS members and an additional 6,000 readers through pass-along circulation (primarily CEOs). To reach this wide A/E/C audience, consider advertising in the Marketer. View our Media Kit and contact email@example.com for more information.