2019 data entry for the SMPS Marketing Compensation and Metrics Survey is now open! Log in and enter your 2019 data.
View our infographic for an overview of key results from the 2018 survey.
Since 2014, the SMPS A/E/C Salary Survey has provided annual updates and comparison reports to the SMPS community, educating marketers about hiring and spending trends of participating companies. This study is the largest compensation and metrics survey of marketing and business development professionals in the A/E/C industries available today.
This comprehensive survey allows you to benchmark your salary, compensation, and firm metrics against your peers. How does your compensation package compare?
You can also use this data to inform your next performance review, and ensure that your firm’s compensation program remains competitive.
What's In It For You?
Information. Comprehensive and filterable report results to make sure you and your company stay on top of the trends.
Enter 40% or more of your 2019 data by November 1 for a chance to win one of six $50 e-gift cards.
2019 data entry is open through November 18, 2019. Enter your data to inform yourself, your firm, and the industries.
2019 results and reports will be available on December 9. Results from 2018 and prior years are available now.
SMPS Members: Free (As long as you answer required questions and complete at least 40% of the questions.) SMPS student and retired members receive free access to results (when available) by logging in.
SMPS Members (that have not completed at least 40% of the survey): Participation is Free, Access to Reports: $99*
Nonmembers: Participation is Free, Access to Reports: $199*
*All purchases are final. No refunds will be provided.
- Access the survey by logging in using your SMPS username and password to the SMPS website. (We now have single sign on access to the Salary Survey).
- Want to know what questions we are asking? Download the data collection worksheet to help you gather your information.
- Begin entering your 2019 data if you haven’t already done so. You do NOT need to complete the survey all in one session.
- If you’ve already entered 40% or more of your data and answered all required questions, you will have access to see results, run filtered reports, and view pre-defined charts and reports beginning on December 9, 2019.
- Bookmark this link for future use (and remember to delete any prior bookmarks).
Run Reports From Previous Years:
Members: Purchase Survey Access
If you don’t enter 40% of your data and want to purchase access for one year (rather than enter data):
Non Members: Purchase Survey Access
If you wish to purchase access to compensation survey results, reports, and charts for a year ($199), please follow these instructions:
- Visit the purchase page.
- Complete the purchase.
- If you already have an SMPS account and are logged in, go to the survey portal and navigate to the Compare tab to view results and run reports.
- If you had to create an account, SMPS HQ staff will need to process your order; please allow 24 hours. You will receive a receipt when your order is processed.
- Once you receive the receipt, go to the survey portal and navigate to the Compare tab to view results and run reports.
Need Additional Help?
- Visit the Support link at the top right of the page once you log in to view the “Quick Start Guide” or to see the survey questions in the “Data Collection Worksheet.” If you need assistance, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Reminder on how to filter reports: View the screencast prepared by SMPS headquarters staff member Julio Santos. Reminder: Only members that complete 40% or more of the survey can access the reports for free.
- Participate in the survey