The SMPS Marketing Compensation and Metrics Survey is temporarily closed as we prepare to release results for the 2018 data collection period. The Compare and Charts features will remain open for all previous years.
Watch your email on December 14 for an announcement that the survey portal has re-opened with 2018 results.
Since 2014, the A/E/C Salary Survey has provided annual updates and comparison reports to the SMPS community, educating marketers about hiring and spending trends of participating companies. This study is the largest compensation and metrics survey of marketing and business development professionals in the A/E/C industries available today.
This comprehensive survey allows you to benchmark your salary, compensation, and firm metrics (including net revenue and marketing expenses) against your peers. How does your compensation package compare?
You can also use this data to inform your next performance review, and ensure that your firm’s compensation program remains competitive.
What’s in it for you?
Information. Comprehensive and filterable report results to make sure you and your company stay on top of the trends. 2018 results will be available in mid-December.
SMPS Members: Free (as long as you answer required questions and complete at least 40% of the questions)
SMPS Members (that have not completed at least 40% of the survey): $99*
Nonmembers: Participation is Free, Access to Reports: $199*
Please note: 2018 data entry is now closed. The portal will reopen on December 14 for additional 2018 data entry.
Access the survey by logging in to the SMPS website. (We now have single sign on access to the Salary Survey).
Enter your SMPS username and password to gain access to the survey portal.
- Want to know what questions we are asking? Download the data collection worksheet to help you gather your information.
- Begin entering your 2018 data. You do NOT need to complete the survey all in one session.
- Members: Data entry closed on November 26. In mid-December, the portal will re-open and those purchasing or earning access will be able to run their own custom (filtered) reports.
- Bookmark this link for future use (and remember to delete any prior bookmarks).
If you previously entered data (FY 13, FY 14, FY 16, and/or FY 17)**, you may run those reports now:
- Login to the survey.
- Select the Compare tab (looks grayed out).
- Set filters and run reports. For help, view this screencast.
*All purchases are final. No refunds will be provided.
**2018 results will be available in mid-December and you will be able to run reports at that time if you purchased or earned access to run reports.
Need additional help or more information?
- Visit the Support link at the top right of the page once you log in to view the “Quick Start Guide” or to see the survey questions in the “Data Collection Worksheet.” If you need assistance, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Reminder on how to filter reports: View the screencast prepared by SMPS headquarters staffer Julio Santos. Only members that complete 40% or more of the survey can access the reports for free when they become available in mid-December.
- Participate in the survey