The SMPS Marketing Compensation and Metrics Survey is now open for 2018 data collection. We also have a new login process. Please see Getting Started below to login.
Since 2014, the A/E/C Salary Survey has provided annual updates and comparison reports to the SMPS community, educating marketers about hiring and spending trends of participating companies. This study is the largest compensation and metrics survey of marketing and business development professionals in the A/E/C industry available today.
This comprehensive survey allows you to benchmark your salary, compensation, and firm metrics (including net revenue and marketing expenses) against your peers. How does your compensation package compare?
You can also use this data to inform your next performance review, and ensure that your firm’s compensation program remains competitive.
What’s in it for you?
Information. Comprehensive and filterable report results to make sure you and your company stay on top of the trends.
SMPS Members: Free (as long as you answer required questions and complete at least 40% of the questions)
SMPS Members (that have not completed at least 40% of the survey): $99*
Nonmembers: Participation is Free, Access to Reports: $199*
Please note: 2018 data entry is now open. You do NOT need to complete the survey all in one session.
Access the survey by logging in to the SMPS website. (We now have single sign on access to the Salary Survey).
Enter your SMPS username and password to gain access to the survey portal.
- Want to know what questions we are asking? Download the data collection worksheet to help you gather your information.
- Begin entering your 2018 data.
- Members: when you answer all required questions and enter at least 40% of the questions by October 26, you will be entered for a chance to win one of six gift cards.
- Bookmark this link for future use (and remember to delete any prior bookmarks).
If you previously entered data (FY 13, FY 14, FY 16, and/or FY 17)**, you may run those reports beginning on September 21:
- Login to the survey.
- Select the Compare tab (looks grayed out).
- Set filters and run reports. For help, view this screencast.
*All purchases are final. No refunds will be provided.
**2018 results will be available in mid-December and you will be able to run reports at that time.
Need additional help or more information?
- Visit the Support link at the top right of the page once you log in to view the “Quick Start Guide” or to see the survey questions in the “Data Collection Worksheet.” If you need assistance, please send an email to email@example.com.
- Reminder on how to filter reports: View the screencast prepared by SMPS headquarters staffer Julio Santos. Only members that complete 40% or more of the survey can access the reports for free when they become available in mid-December.
- Participate in the survey