We want to make sure you, as a new member, take full advantage of all SMPS has to offer and make the most of your membership.
Please read below to learn more about the SMPS New Member Challenge, your chapter, your Society, links to resources/tools, and more.
New Member Challenge!
Get involved, get engaged, earn $50!
This CHALLENGE will introduce you to SMPS and to the many benefits of membership. Within the first six months of your membership, we CHALLENGE you to make the most of the SMPS experience by:
• taking advantage of great educational programming,
• growing your personal network, and
• becoming an active member of your local chapter!
The CHALLENGE is simple, complete the six tasks detailed in the scorecard within the first six months of your membership and we will mail you a $50 gift card! All new members receive a welcome packet in the mail within 7-10 business days of joining. Included in the welcome packet are materials about the CHALLENGE and a printed copy of the scorecard (with tips).
If you have questions or want to learn more about the New Member CHALLENGE, please contact SMPS Headquarters at 800.292.7677 or email@example.com.
1. Visit your local chapter’s website. The URL was included in the Welcome email you received when you joined, or you can find it on this page: Find a Chapter
2. Find out if your chapter offers a new member orientation program (typically posted on its website). If so, make plans to participate.
3. Register for a local educational program or event. SMPS chapters offer an array of programming, and this is an excellent opportunity to get to know your local SMPS colleagues and for them to get to know you!
4. As you get acclimated, reach out to your chapter leaders and ask about volunteer opportunities. Contact information for the local leaders can be found on your chapter’s website.
1. Explore our online community, MySMPS, at mysmps.org—a virtual gathering spot for all SMPS members, connect today!
• Build your network by completing your profile and uploading your photo.
• Access hundreds of samples of marketing and business development tools to make your job easier in the Marketing Resource Center.
• Join groups of interest to you—or create your own group to discuss new topics.
• Download the MySMPS app, available in Apple’s App Store and Google Play.
2. Take advantage of the FREE Lunchtime Learning Labs (educational webinars) for Member’s Only!
3. Take advantage of the new member discount and register for Build Business, the SMPS annual conference.
4. Read Marketer QuickLook (weekly e-newsletter) and past issues of Marketer, the Society’s award-winning bimonthly journal.
5. Gain a competitive edge with the A/E/C industry’s only Professional Services Marketer Certification, CPSM.
6. Need career information? Visit our Career Center.
7. Register for an SMPS Webinar.
8. Create a folder within your e-mail system just for SMPS. We have lots of information to share but don’t want you to be overwhelmed. So, when you receive these emails, move them into your SMPS folder to read at your convenience.
There’s so much more, but this is a great start in making your membership work for you.
For More Information
Contact SMPS Headquarters, at 1.800.292.7677 or firstname.lastname@example.org.