Make your mark on the profession.
SMPS is a highly collaborative, dynamic, and entrepreneurial culture of team members, who are self-starters, innovators, and always ready and willing to roll up their sleeves to help our around 7,100 A/E/C marketers, business developers, and principal members as well as the broader profession and industries.
SMPS encourages and invites all candidates to consider applying to our openings. We believe a diverse team creates and impacts the future. And, we are looking for all types of talent to contribute.
Digital Marketing and Technology Manager
The Digital Marketing and Technology Manager will support the Society’s marketing and communications functions and dues and non-dues revenue goals through digital and technology outputs and platforms via social media management, paid search and search engine optimization (SEO), lead generation, website administration and optimization, database management, email marketing, audience segmentation and digital and print communications.
Graphic Design & Creative Production-
1. Coordinates marketing communications projects with designers, printers, mail
houses and other vendors to execute marketing projects.
2. Working with appropriate staff and content manager, assists in the development of
promotional copy which includes but is not limited to: brochures, ads, e-blasts, social
media, e-promotions, letters, press releases, postcards, member correspondence,
web text, and presentations.
3. Assists in the development of video production and editing with in-house and
Website & Social Media Administration-
1. Maintains and supports daily updates to the Society’s website.
2. Monitors website and social media analytics and reports on marketing ROI.
3. Creates engaging social media content and campaigns to garner earned, paid, and
4. Manages the Society’s social media calendar, provides weekly updates, and drafts
social media content.
5. Implements and oversee the Society’s social media efforts including, but not limited
to: Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, and Pinterest.
Digital Media & Communications-
1. Administers the email communications schedule and formats drafts for review.
2. Formats all SMPS e-communications
3. Supports distribution and publication of digital content.
4. Works collaboratively with staff to schedule, plan, draft, and distribute headquarters
5. Targets and generates in-house lists as needed.
6. Researches marketing trends, avenues, and costs.
7. Develops media and peer group lists and the annual media contact list.
8. Gathers competitive intelligence on relevant peer groups and industry trends and
programs. Makes recommendations on strategy.
9. Produces and schedules the Society’s e-promotions in a way that maximizes
10. Assists with the SMPS online Chat function.
This position requires a general expertise with a wide variety of marketing software,
• Content management platforms
• Customer relationship management platforms (CRM)
• Association management software (AMS)
• Email marketing tools
• Social media platforms
• Mobile tracking software
Business Unit: Marketing Strategies
Reports To: Associate Director of Marketing