THE COMPENSATION AND METRICS SURVEY PORTAL IS OPEN FOR 2017 DATA ENTRY.
This comprehensive survey allows you to benchmark your salary, compensation, and firm metrics (including net revenue and marketing expenses) against your peers. How does your compensation package compare?
You can also use this data to inform your next performance review, and ensure that your firm’s compensation program remains competitive.
What’s in it for you? Quite a bit!
As a member benefit, access to filter results and run reports** will be provided free of charge (a $199 value) for a year to SMPS members who complete at least 40% of the survey questions. Members not completing 40% of the survey may purchase* access for a year to results and reports** for the discounted fee of $99.
Nonmembers are also encouraged to participate in order to benchmark your data and be able to compare it to your industry peers. Access to run reports** may be purchased* for $199 for a one-year subscription. Nonmembers are invited to join SMPS, enter your data, and benefit from free access by completing at least 40% of the survey.
BONUS: The earlier you enter 40% (or more) of your data, the sooner you are eligible to win one of twelve $25 gift cards! Gift card drawings will be held on October 15 and November 15. So act now!
Follow the step-by-step directions below to begin adding your data. Please note that you do NOT need to complete the survey all at once.
New to SMPS and/or the platform (i.e. did not enter data last year)?
Steps to get you started:
- Make [email protected] a safe sender in your email program.
- Create an account at: https://metrics.smps.org/SignUp.aspx
- Receive an email with your login credentials (save this for future use)
- Log back in at https://metrics.smps.org and begin entering data or click the button to purchase access to the survey results.
Please note: During step 2, you will create a unique password (this is not your usual SMPS log in).
Returning user of the survey platform?
Here’s how to add data:
- Log back in to the platform if you entered data last year. (Note: New users must create a unique login before entering data.)
- Reminder: Most usernames are email addresses
- Did you forget your password? Click the forgot password link.
- Once you are logged back in, begin adding your data. (Please note: there is a feature available that will copy your prior year’s data so you can just edit what has changed.)
If you previously entered data (FY 13, FY 14, and/or FY 16), you may run those reports now:
- Log back in at https://metrics.smps.org.
- Continue to the survey.
- Select the Compare tab (looks grayed out).
- Set filters and run reports.
*All purchases are final. No refunds will be provided.
Need additional help or more information?
Visit the Support link at the top right of the page once you log in to view the “Quick Start Guide” or to see the survey questions in the “Data Collection Worksheet.” If you need assistance, please send an email to [email protected].
For more information:
Please contact Julio Santos, Membership and Chapter Services Coordinator, at 703.549.6117, ext. 230.
About the Interactive Marketing Compensation and Metrics Survey
In 2013, the SMPS Board of Directors approved the purchase and configuration of a dynamic and interactive benchmarking and metrics survey. In July of 2014, the platform was unveiled to SMPS members and their colleagues and data collection began. In mid-October, the results and comparison reports became available. This study is the largest compensation and metrics survey of marketing and business development professionals in the A/E/C industry available today.