SMPS Advances: Update From the Board
October 5, 2018
In an effort to improve transparency and expand member engagement, SMPS HQ provides an executive summary of the board of directors’ discussions and decisions following each regular meeting. The eight-member board of directors meets in person at least four times each fiscal year to fulfill its responsibility of governing the Society and advancing the strategic needs of our members, the organization, and the A/E/C marketing profession. The meeting typically also includes the SMPS Foundation president and the senior management staff.
Because Hurricane Florence was expected to cause travel interruptions, the board canceled its in-person meeting scheduled for September 13-14, 2018, at our Alexandria, VA office. Instead the group held a truncated meeting via teleconference on those dates. The following matters were on the agenda:
- Approved the fiscal year 2018-19 operating and capital budget
- Discussed the 2018, 2019, and 2021 Build Business conferences
- Reviewed the planning for The Pinnacle Experience 2018 and 2019
- Received a report on adopting new technology to support HQ and chapter operations
- Discussed the implementation of the new brand
- Received an update on research and fundraising by the SMPS Foundation
- Received a report on HQ operations
If you have any questions regarding these matters or the Society’s board meetings, please contact SMPS Chief Executive Officer Michael V. Geary, CAE, at email@example.com.