SMPS Advances: September 2019
September 24, 2019
To provide transparency and expand member engagement, SMPS HQ provides an executive summary of the board of directors’ discussions and decisions following each regular meeting. The eight-member board of directors meets in person at least four times each fiscal year to fulfill its responsibility of governing the Society and advancing the strategic needs of our members, the organization, and the A/E/C marketing profession. The meeting typically also includes the SMPS Foundation president and the senior management staff.
Our volunteer leaders and senior staff met in early September for a day and a half at SMPS HQ in Alexandria, VA. This was the first meeting of the new fiscal year, which began on September 1. The following matters were discussed:
- Approved the FY19–20 operating and capital budget
- Received progress reports on the new Chapter Leadership Symposium and regional conferences incorporation and governance
- Discussed the forthcoming CPSM Program/Role Delineation Survey
- Had an extensive conversation on the future of the economy, politics, cultural and technology changes, and their impact on SMPS
- Received a report on the activities of the SMPS Foundation
- Received reports on the planning of Build Business 2019 and 2020
- Received a report from Morgan Stanley on the status of our investments, accounts, and investment policies
- Approved to elevate Peter Lyon, FSMPS, to life-time membership, posthumously
If you have any questions regarding these matters or the Society’s board meetings, please contact SMPS Chief Executive Officer Michael V. Geary, CAE, at firstname.lastname@example.org.