SMPS Advances: January 2021
January 21, 2021
To provide transparency and expand member engagement, SMPS HQ provides an executive summary of the board of directors’ discussions and decisions following each regular meeting. The eight-member board of directors meets at least four times each fiscal year to fulfill its responsibility of governing the Society and advancing the strategic needs of our members, the organization, and the A/E/C marketing profession. The meeting typically also includes the SMPS Foundation president and the senior management staff.
Our volunteer leaders and senior staff met online on January 14, 2021, for a quarterly meeting. The following are the key issues discussed:
- Quarterly update on the finances and operations
- HQ moving to new office space
- An “industry day” planned for January 28, 2021
- The work of the justice, equity, diversity & inclusion task force
- Build Business 2020 and 2021
- Regional conferences development initiative
- A report from the SMPS Foundation on its initiatives
Additionally, the board spent some time visioning the future, including how SMPS can continue to be successful and grow even with the impact of the pandemic. More on that at a later time.
The next meeting is scheduled for April 2021.
If you have any questions regarding these matters or the Society’s board meetings, please contact SMPS Chief Executive Officer Michael V. Geary, CAE, at firstname.lastname@example.org.