SMPS Advances: August 2022
September 16, 2022
To provide transparency and expand member engagement, SMPS HQ provides an executive summary of the board of directors’ discussions and decisions following each regular meeting. The eight-member board of directors meets in person at least four times each fiscal year to fulfill its responsibility of governing the Society and advancing the strategic needs of our members, the organization, and the A/E/C marketing profession. The meeting typically also includes the SMPS Foundation president and senior management staff.
Our volunteer leaders and senior staff met on August 10-11 in Dallas, TX. This was their final meeting of the fiscal year, which began on September 1, 2021. Key discussion topics included the following:
- Discussed progress on the development of the 2022-25 strategic plan.
- Held a discussion on the impact of politics and other social issues on the organization.
- Reviewed the current book of policies and procedures. Some of them will be updated for the coming fiscal year by the staff.
- Received an update on the SMPS Fellows task force, which is expected to finalize its report at the October 2022 board meeting.
- Received a report on the state of our long- and short-term investment accounts.
- Appointed the 2023 Amplify A|E|C committee.
At the final meeting of the year, the board also celebrated the contributions of the retiring board members, Kim Thompkins and Doug Parker, and welcomed the incoming President-Elect, Holly Bolton. Additionally, everyone thanked Bernice Bako for her tenure as the president.
If you have any questions regarding these matters or the Society’s board meetings, please contact SMPS Chief Executive Officer Michael V. Geary, CAE, at email@example.com.