SMPS Advances: April 2021
April 15, 2021
To provide transparency and expand member engagement, SMPS HQ provides an executive summary of the board of directors’ discussions and decisions following each regular meeting. The eight-member board of directors meets at least four times each fiscal year to fulfill its responsibility of governing the Society and advancing the strategic needs of our members, the organization, and the A/E/C marketing profession. The meeting typically also includes the SMPS Foundation president and the senior management staff.
Our volunteer leaders and senior staff met online on April 8, 2021, for a quarterly meeting. The following are the key issues discussed:
- Mid-year update on the finances and operations and the revised budget
- Build Business 2021, 2022 in Atlanta, and 2023 in a location TBD
- Chapter Leadership Symposium
- The work of the Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion Task Force
- A report from the SMPS Foundation on its initiatives
- Update on the move to the new HQ office
- Appointment of members to the nominations and elections committee
- Discussion on the Marketer Editorial Committee
The next meeting is scheduled for June 2021.