SMPS Advances: April 2020
April 22, 2020
To provide transparency and expand member engagement, SMPS HQ provides an executive summary of the board of directors’ discussions and decisions following each regular meeting. The eight-member board of directors meets at least four times each fiscal year to fulfill its responsibility of governing the Society and advancing the strategic needs of our members, the organization, and the A/E/C marketing profession. The meeting typically also includes the SMPS Foundation president and the senior management staff.
Our volunteer leaders and senior staff met on April 1, 2020, by teleconference. The in-person meeting was canceled due to concerns with the coronavirus and travel. The following matters were discussed:
- Reviewed our response to the coronavirus and especially on how it is impacting A/E/C firms and marketing professionals
- Staff provided an overview of the Pivot & Focus initiative, which was developed in response to the changing business environment
- Discussed the financial impacts on the fiscal year budget, conferences, and other key activities such as membership enrollment and retention
- Appointed the Nominations & Elections Committee (members of the committee is confidential)
- Discussed the 2020 Chapter Leadership Symposium and the changes to the program to bring it online (the event was canceled due to the coronavirus)
- Reviewed reports on various member programs and HQ operations
If you have any questions regarding these matters or the Society’s board meetings, please contact SMPS Chief Executive Officer Michael V. Geary, CAE, at firstname.lastname@example.org.