In our continuing effort to improve transparency and expand member engagement, SMPS HQ will provide an executive summary of the board of directors’ discussions and decisions following each meeting. The eight-member board of directors meets in person at least four times each fiscal year to fulfill its responsibility of governing the Society and advancing the strategic needs of our members, the organization, and the A/E/C marketing profession. The meeting also included the SMPS Foundation president.
At the most recent one-day meeting on April 24, 2018, the following matters were on the agenda:
- Continued deliberation on the 2017–2020 strategic plan. The board spent most of the time at this meeting with further discussions on the strategic planning initiative and will conclude the formal planning at the June meeting. The strategic plan will focus on improving the chapter and member experience, advancing the value of professional services marketing, and adjusting the organizational structure and functions as needed to meet those requirements.
- Other pertinent discussions included the following items:
- Membership enrollment and renewal activity, as well as future strategies.
- The new brand and website roll-out later this year.
- A report on HQ operations.
- The SMPS Foundation’s research project and fundraising efforts.
- The 2018 Presidents Leadership Symposium.
- Build Business 2018 and 2021.
- The Pinnacle Experience 2018.
- The 45th anniversary of SMPS in 2018.
If you have any questions regarding these matters or the Society’s board meetings, please contact SMPS Chief Executive Officer Michael V. Geary, CAE, at [email protected].