Becoming a Certified Professional Services Marketer (CPSM) will test your knowledge and your mettle.
With CPSM credentials behind your name, you demonstrate that you not only have industry experience, but you have also mastered the SMPS Domains of Practice for Professional Services Marketing. As you continue to climb the ladder in your career, a CPSM designation helps you distinguish yourself as a proven leader.
When you apply for the CPSM program, you are taking your first step toward joining a group of 900+ professionals who have made a commitment to professional excellence, career advancement, and an ongoing pursuit of knowledge through the domains, which outline the day-to-day functions of professional services marketers and business developers.
Earning your CPSM designation proves proficiency in the domain’s knowledge areas and skill sets and sets the bar for professional expertise and excellence.
To sit for the CPSM examination, a candidate must meet the following requirements:
- Possess a bachelor’s degree or an advanced degree plus four years of experience in marketing or business development for firms providing professional services, or
- Possess an associate’s degree plus six years work experience in marketing or business development for firms providing professional services, or
- Without a degree, have eight years of experience in marketing or business development for firms providing professional services
In addition, all candidates must pledge to abide by the CPSM Code of Ethics.
How to Apply
- Complete and submit the online CPSM application form and application fee to Professional Testing Corporation (PTC). Include a copy of your college transcript or a notarized photocopy of your degree (when applicable).
- The application will be reviewed, and candidates will receive their Scheduling Authorization from PTC. The CPSM examination is administered during two three-week testing periods in March and September. (If you do not receive your Scheduling Authorization from PTC within two weeks, contact PTC at 212.356.0660 for a duplicate.) For 2022, the testing periods will be March 5 through March 26 and September 3 through September 24, 2022 Application deadlines: February 7, 2022 for the March 2022 testing window | August 3, 2022 for the September testing window.
- Refer to the Scheduling Authorization for details on how to schedule your examination appointment at a Prometric Testing Center. Appointment times are first-come, first-serve, so schedule your appointment as soon as you receive your Scheduling Authorization to maximize your chance of testing at your preferred location and on your preferred date.
- To prepare for your CPSM exam, please refer to the recommended study materials list here.
*Application and examination fees are due with submission of application to PTC
**Required once every three years
There will be no refund of fees unless applicants are ineligible for the examination. Ineligible candidates will be refunded their fees minus an administrative fee. No refunds will be issued for applying for the incorrect examination or testing period, for failing to make an examiniation appointment, or for failing to appear at your scheduled appointment.
CPSM Code of Ethics
As a Certified Professional Services Marketer:
I will maintain and advance my knowledge of professional services marketing, respect the body of marketing knowledge, and contribute to its growth.
I promise to continually seek to raise the standards of excellence in professional services marketing.
I pledge to pursue my professional activities with honesty and fairness, to demonstrate the highest standard of personal conduct, to actively encourage the highest level of ethical standards within the profession, and to report unethical behavior to the Society for Marketing Professional Services.
I promise to practice in a manner that supports the rights of employers, employees, and clients and will not discriminate because of race, sex, age, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, or disability.
I recognize my responsibility to uphold all laws and regulations relating to my firm’s policies and activities.
I promise to be loyal to the firm that employs me and pursue its objectives in ways that are consistent with the public interest.
Have questions? Please email firstname.lastname@example.org.