Becoming a Certified Professional Services Marketer (CPSM) will test your knowledge and your mettle.
With CPSM credentials behind your name, you demonstrate that you not only have industry experience, you have mastered the domains of practice in professional services marketing. As you continue to climb the ladder in your career, a CPSM helps you distinguish yourself as a proven leader.
CPSM CODE OF ETHICS
As a Certified Professional Services Marketer:
I will maintain and advance my knowledge of professional services marketing, respect the body of marketing knowledge, and contribute to its growth.
I promise to continually seek to raise the standards of excellence in professional services marketing.
I pledge to pursue my professional activities with honesty and fairness, to demonstrate the highest standard of personal conduct, to actively encourage the highest level of ethical standards within the profession, and to report unethical behavior to the Society for Marketing Professional Services.
I promise to practice in a manner that supports the rights of employers, employees, and clients and will not discriminate because of race, sex, age, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, or disability.
I recognize my responsibility to uphold all laws and regulations relating to my firm’s policies and activities.
I promise to be loyal to the firm that employs me and pursue its objectives in ways that are consistent with the public interest.
To sit for the CPSM examination, a candidate must meet the following requirements:
- Possess a bachelor’s degree or an advanced degree plus four years of experience in marketing or business development for firms providing professional services, or
- Possess an associate’s degree plus six years work experience in marketing or business development for firms providing professional services, or
- Without a degree, have eight years of experience in marketing or business development for firms providing professional services
In addition, all candidates must pledge to abide by the CPSM Code of Ethics.
How to Apply
- Complete and submit the online CPSM application form and application fee to Professional Testing Corporation (PTC). Include a copy of your college transcript, or a notarized photocopy of your degree (when applicable).
- The application will be reviewed, and candidates will receive their Eligibility Notice from PTC within two weeks. Candidates will have one year from their application approval date to sit for the exam. (If you do not receive your Eligibility Notice from PTC within two weeks, contact PTC at 212.356.0660 for a duplicate.)
- Refer to the Eligibility Notice for details on how to schedule your examination appointment at a PSI Testing Center. Appointment times are first-come, first-serve, so schedule your appointment as soon as you receive your Eligibility Notice to maximize your chance of testing at your preferred location and on your preferred date. You have one year from the date your application is approved to take the test.
*Application and examination fees are due with submission of application to PTC
**Required once every three years
There is no refund of the application fee. If your application does not meet the eligibility requirements for CPSM candidacy, only the examination fee will be refunded.
Your certification is only good for 3 years, keep your credentials up to date
Don’t like to study alone? Join one of the study group sessions.