For SMPS Members Only
There’s more than one way to feed your brain. Grab your lunch—or breakfast—and join SMPS on GoToWebinar for Lunchtime Learning Labs.
This FREE educational series features great topics and respected speakers who can help you build skills to work smarter, advance your career, and build your firm’s business.
Offered every other month and providing 1 CEU, the programs will run between 45 and 60 minutes—to fit into your busy schedule.
Are you a CPSM? When you participate in a lab, you will earn continuing education units toward recertification for SMPS’s Certified Professional Services Marketer (CPSM) program.
It’s simple to participate:
1) Choose any lab—or choose all of them.
3) Look for an email with the access code for the program.
4) Join us on GoToWebinar on the program date.
Labs are recorded and available in the Lunchtime Learning Labs folder in the Marketing Resource Center on MySMPS after the program.
Upcoming Learning Labs:
Unraveling WMBE & the Proposal Process
May 15th 12-1:00 PM ET
You’re not alone if you’ve found yourself mystified by WMBE requirements in the proposal process. Whether your firm is interesting in certification, is certified, or needs certified firms to team with, our May learning lab will give you the knowledge needed to hurdle WMBE successfully.
Our presenter will walk us through the many steps and questions about WMBE:
- Requirement goals and what they mean
- Knowing if your firm qualifies for WMBE and understanding the definitions
- How to achieve certification and required paperwork
- Learning more about local and national certification agencies, including NYC, NYS and beyond
- How to find certified firms to enhance your team
- Private requirements when your work goes beyond public clients
- Recertification ins and outs and keeping track of new requirements and expiration dates
- A brief overview of other certifications you may come across, such as DBE, VBE, and LBE
- Marketing your certification as an added value for your firm and getting the word out
During this webinar, participants will gain an understanding of:
- The definition of WMBE firms and the standard requirements for both public and private certification and the meaning of government requirement goals for projects
- Processes for becoming certified by government agencies, non-profits, and organizations, how to achieve certification and who typically helps with the process
- Resources available for identifying qualified WMBE firms including various agencies, and organizations
- How to successfully submit government proposals with WMBE requirements.
About the Instructor
Carrie Villani is director of marketing for Leslie E. Robertson Associates (LERA), a WMBE-certified consulting structural engineering firm. Throughout her career, she has shown her leadership skills and passion for the A/E/C industries. At LERA, Villani manages a marketing team and works closely with firm partners and associates on marketing and business development efforts promoting LERA’s long tradition of innovative design and advances in technology that has brought them to the forefront of the engineering profession. She is the chair of SMPS New York’s Coordinators Club and was honored as SMPS New York Marketer of the Year in 2017. Villani has been honored with seven SMPS New York Marketing and Communications Awards as well as awards from the Women’s Builders Council and Commercial Real Estate Women.
For More Information:
Contact Marci Thompson, SMPS headquarters, at [email protected].