We have an exciting year ahead of us, and I am honored to be this year’s president of the SMPS Foundation. Several members recently have asked me to explain the SMPS Foundation and its mission because they’re unclear what the organization does. I’m glad they asked because it gives me an opportunity to take an even closer look.
After a few of these conversations, I decided I needed a quick, concise description when promoting the foundation. I turned to the trustees as my valued resource for guidance. In a nutshell, we raise money to fund research that helps advance our profession.
The research we fund is identified by the SMPS Foundation’s trustees and we choose topics relevant for today’s professionals and to understand and capitalize on tomorrow’s opportunities. This includes advancing the practice of marketing and business development, exploring and documenting trends in the A/E/C industries, and providing foresight on issues of strategy important to professional services.
In 2016-17, we will focus on the following:
- Developing procedures for identifying research topics and formalizing the solicitation process for securing a third-party research organizations
- Creating new, successful FUNdraising programs that allow us to conduct valued research for our industry
- Updating our bylaws to reflect the way we conduct business today and in the future
- Promoting the SMPS Foundation brand in a universal way
- Distributing research that is currently being conducted including Measuring for Success: A Look at Hit Rates & Other KPIs in the A/E/C Industry, Web Buyers and Sellers, and the Talent War
…I am extremely proud of the current board of trustees for their dedication to our organization and look forward to their thought leadership this year.
Thank you to all of the chairs and committee members for their continued work. And members of SMPS: Without you, we wouldn’t be able to deliver research, marketing intelligence, and expert analysis to inspire success and improve bottom-line results for SMPS Foundation stakeholders.
Please reach out to me if you’re interested in working with a great group of people to make the SMPS Foundation great!
SMPS Foundation President Carolyn Ferguson is owner of WinMore Marketing Advisors. She can be reached at [email protected] or 713.305.8163. Follow her on Twitter @carolynferg.