Vice President of Business Development
The Weitz Company
Jason Robertson received his Bachelor of Arts Degree in business administration and finance, with a minor in marketing, from Northwestern College in 1998. After gaining 17 years of experience in the construction industry, Jason accepted a position as vice president of business development with The Weitz Company, a full-service construction firm with office locations throughout the United States.
Prior to joining the 160 year old firm, Robertson gained business development experience immediately following graduation by taking a position with Interstates, a design-build electrical engineering and construction company located in Sioux City, Iowa. As a business developer, Robertson landed new clients and serviced existing clients. During his time at Interstates, he met the future Midwest General Manager for CRB Builders, who would recruit Robertson as their director of business development in 2005. At CRB, his main responsibilities included overall management of the marketing departments for the midwest region and spearheading many of the marketing initiative of the company. As a new member of The Weitz Company team, Robertson will focus on developing the company’s relationships and seeking new business opportunities.
In addition to being a local and national member of SMPS, Robertson is affiliated with the following business and community organizations and roles:
- Design-Build Institute of America: President, Midwest Chapter; Treasurer; Member, 12 years; National Membership Committee
- Kansas City Area Development Council
- International Society of Professional Engineers, Midwest Chapter Past President; Vice President; Treasurer; Secretary; Member 8 years; National Chapter, Member; National Membership Development Committee
- Marketing Expert Team, CRB
- Colorado Bioscience
- Kansas BioScience, Member 8 years; Industry Advisory Panel 3 years; Board Member 1 year
- Global Leadership Summit, Volunteer
- Kansas City Area Development Council’s Life Science Advisory Council
- Industrial Asset Management Council, Member, Relations Committee
- KansasBIO, Board Member; OneHealth Planning Team; Annual BioGenius Challenge Golf Outing Committee Chairman
- Iowa Biotechnology Association
- MissouriBio, Membership Committee
- Associated Builders & Contractors, National Excellence in Construction Awards Judge
- Forest View Neighborhood, Board of Directors
- Watch D.O.G.S.
- Community Bible Church, Small Group Leader; Church Greeter; Parking Attendant