Do you want to contribute more to the A/E/C industries? Have you been a volunteer within your chapter? Are you ready to become a Society leader? If you answered “yes” to these questions, then SMPS wants you!
We are seeking SMPS members who have served as volunteers within their chapters and are ready to lend their experience and insight at the headquarters level. This is a great opportunity to serve your Society and to make a difference within the profession.
What you need to know:
• Certification Committee
• Fellows’ Committee
• Chapter Presidents’ Leadership Symposium, (incoming chair)
• Striving for Excellence and Chapter President of the Year (jurors)
• Other: From time to time, SMPS has a need for volunteers to work on special projects throughout the year. Please complete the survey by selecting the “other” box if you are willing to be placed on a list of volunteers we may contact.
• Must be a current SMPS member and have been a member for a minimum of five years.
• Must have served as a volunteer at the chapter level for at least two years.
• Should not be committed to serve as a chapter leader (board and/or committee chair) during the 2017–18 program year (with the exception of chapter past president).
SMPS committee members serve one term of two consecutive years at which time they may apply to serve on another committee. An exception to this policy would occur should an individual be appointed to serve as the committee’s incoming chair.
Submissions are due and survey will close on Friday, July 21, 2017.