We want to make sure that you’re prepared for this year’s virtual conference experience, so we've created the frequently asked questions below.
Q. I made hotel reservation(s) for the rescheduled Build Business October 2020 dates. Now that the conference has transitioned to a virtual experience, how do I cancel my reservations?
A. If you made reservations at the host hotel JW Marriott, you will be receiving an automatic cancellation email directly from the hotel. There is no additional action needed from you. Should you have specific questions regarding your reservation cancellation, please reach out to Sunshine Citko, group housing manager of the JW Marriott Austin, via email or phone: (512) 608-4175 or firstname.lastname@example.org. SMPS is not responsible for the room block transfers or cancellations for specific needs. You will need to speak directly with Sunshine at the JW Marriott for any adjustments to your hotel reservations.
- For all hotel cancellation policies, please refer to the JW Marriott’s policies here: https://marriott-re-2019ncovc.com/
Q. I registered for Build Business 2020, but I cannot attend the virtual conference in October. Can I get a refund?
A. Yes, we are offering options for you to choose from that can be found here.
- Cancellation Policy: Please fill out the form on the webpage here by Friday, July 31, 2020, to let us know which option you prefer.
Q: I was looking forward to attending the in-person Build Business conference in October. Why is it now virtual?
A: The safety concerns for SMPS members, attendees, and staff prompted our decision to transition this conference to a virtual one.
With over 30 sessions and virtual events, we can’t wait for you to experience Build Business: Pivot & Focus. Here’s what’s in store:
- Keynote speakers, breakout sessions, panels, hack-o-thons, MLive, and roundtables
- Virtual business exchange and exhibit hall
- Entertaining and active breaks between programming
- Collaboration and conversation corners
- Live speaker Q&A
- Awards program
- Peer-to-peer discussions
- Wellness sessions
- Business networking happy hours
We look forward to seeing you virtually in October!