The Society for Marketing Professional Services (SMPS) holds professional conferences and meetings to enable its members to receive continuing education, build professional networks, and discover new products and services for professional use. To provide all participants— member and other attendees, speakers, vendors, staff, and volunteers – the opportunity to benefit from the event, SMPS is committed to providing a welcoming and harassment-free environment for everyone, regardless of gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, disability, physical appearance, ethnicity, religion, or other group identity.
This Code of Conduct explains the behavior we expect from SMPS community members interacting at events and across SMPS blogs, online forums, and social media platforms.
- You will behave in a way that facilitates a welcoming and supportive environment for all event participants and across SMPS blogs, online forums, and social media platforms.
- You will not engage in disruptive speech or behavior or otherwise interfere with other individuals’ participation in events and across SMPS blogs, online forums, and social media platforms.
- You will not interfere with the operation of events, blogs, online forums, and social media platforms.
- You will not attempt to receive benefits that you are not entitled to at events and across SMPS blogs, online forums, and social media platforms.
- You will not engage in any form of harassing, offensive, discriminatory, or threatening speech or behavior, including but not limited to relating to race, gender, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, disability, marital status, age, sexual orientation, military or veteran status, or other protected category.
- You will comply with the instructions of SMPS event staff and SMPS blog, online forum, and social media platform moderators.
- You will comply with all applicable SMPS and, in the context of SMPS events, all our eventspecific requirements (including health and safety requirements).
We expect all SMPS community members (including but not limited to attendees, vendors, sponsors, speakers, volunteers, moderators, and SMPS employees) to uphold the principles of this Code of Conduct. In the context of SMPS events, this Code of Conduct covers the main event and all related events (social or otherwise). SMPS employees must continue to always abide by all organization’s policies.
If we believe you breached this Code of Conduct, we may prohibit you from attending future SMPS events and interacting across SMPS blogs, online forums, and social media platforms. Additionally, if we believe that you breached this Code of Conduct in the context of an SMPS event, we may require you to leave the SMPS event. If we require you to leave an event, you will not be eligible to receive a refund of any fees paid to us related to the event. All determinations are at our sole discretion. We will involve law enforcement if we deem appropriate.
If you witness or are subjected to inappropriate behavior at an SMPS event, or on an SMPS blog, discussion forum, or social media platform, please promptly contact SMPS at email@example.com.