The SMPS Foundation delivers research and marketing intelligence to inspire success and improve bottom-line results.
The SMPS Foundation is a not-for-profit 501(c)(3) organization established by SMPS in 1992 to develop a greater understanding of the role and value of marketing and business development in industries the Society serves. The SMPS Foundation is funded by donations and is underwritten by SMPS. Gifts by U.S. citizens may be tax-deductible for charitable purposes.
Invest in the SMPS Foundation.
- We continue our efforts to raise the awareness of the SMPS Foundation and its purpose of providing relevant and timely research that advances our profession and industry.
- As a result of your generosity and the vision of our members, chapters, and regional conferences, the SMPS Foundation received over $85,000 in the last fiscal year, allowing us to complete research efforts and initiate others.
- We published our report, The Neuropsychology of Influence and Decision-Making, which provides insight into how to influence decision-making and gives key takeaways that members can consider when preparing marketing and business development efforts. The report is free for SMPS members and can be downloaded here.
- We’re working with Southern Illinois University Edwardsville to produce survey results and a report on marketing tech tools.
- We’re developing a plan to produce an annual publication on why people buy.
- We’re looking at next steps for our neuropsychology report.
- We’re working with the SMPS Knowledge & Professional Development team at HQ to determine what research they need to inform their educational offerings.
To continue our future work, I invite you to join me in making a tax-deductible donation* to the SMPS Foundation. Your support will directly contribute to the development of future initiatives that support our industry and professionals like you.
Here are three ways to make a contribution:
1) Text2Give: To participate, text “Give 25” (to give $25, but you can enter any amount) to 703.991.6181 and follow the prompts. You do not need to include the $ character.
2) Check the box: When you receive your annual SMPS membership dues renewal, simply enter the amount and hit Submit Donation to make a contribution to the SMPS Foundation. Corporate credit cards are accepted and we will provide a receipt.
3) Donate online: Visit the SMPS Foundation webpage and support the foundation by making a donation.
As long as we’re saying thanks, I’d also like to acknowledge the SMPS Foundation trustees, the Society board of directors, and the SMPS staff for their hard work and efforts to make the SMPS Foundation successful. This is a team sport, and we couldn’t have a better group of players. Thank you, all!
Brad Thurman, P.E., FSMPS, CPSM
SMPS Foundation President
*U.S. residents only.
Types of Donations:
Foundation Chapter Donation
Foundation Corporate Donation
Foundation Memorial Endowment Donation