Now Accepting Entries for the 2017 Weld Coxe Marketing Achievement Award
Submission deadline: May 12, 2017
MAA Criteria PDF
The Society’s highest honor, the Weld Coxe Marketing Achievement Award, salutes a remarkable marketing or business development professional whose career achievements, leadership role, and lasting contributions to the industry are exemplary.
To be eligible, a nominee must be an SMPS member and have demonstrated significant and measurable accomplishments in at least three of the following five areas listed below. Self nominations or peer nominations are accepted.
JUDGING CRITERIA AND SCORING
Total possible points: 50
1. Research (10 points)
The nominee must have created an innovative and successful research program involving research studies on a market-related topic that has been published or presented publicly.
2. Education (10 points)
The nominee must have made a significant contribution to the education of others in the profession, including persons within his/her own organization, within SMPS, or within the profession as a whole. Activities may include published writing, documented speaking engagements, or teaching university courses.
3. Professional Leadership (10 points)
Within SMPS or his/her own professional field, the nominee must have held offices and chaired or served on a committee on a local, regional, and Society level and served as an effective spokesperson for marketing professionals.
4. Marketing Communications (10 points)
The nominee must have been directly involved in the creation of award-winning marketing and communications programs, including social media, brochures, newsletters, videos, advertising, or media relations campaigns.
5. Innovative Programs (10 points)
The nominee must have developed new marketing approaches or technologies that, as demonstrated by measurable results, have brought value to his/her firm or to the profession. Descriptions of actions and results are required.
All nominations must include:
1. A PDF of the award entry. Label the PDF as follows: nominee’s name, MAA award entry date.
The total award entry may not exceed 50 pages including a cover and page dividers.
Award entry contents:
- A one-page overview of the nominee’s achievements highlighting why they warrant consideration.
- A one- or two-page resume that includes education credentials and professional certifications.
- Three to five endorsement letters.
- Additional pages of narrative with measurable proof describing nominee’s achievements in at least three of the five required subject areas.
2. A digital photograph, full color, 300 dpi, of the nominee
3. Deadline is May 12, 2017. Email the award entry and photograph to Tina Myers, CAE, firstname.lastname@example.org.
MAA winners receive recognition at Build Business, the SMPS annual conference, a complimentary conference registration, a Fellows designation, and a lifetime SMPS membership.
About Weld Coxe
|The 1989 recipient of the Marketing Achievement Award, Weld Coxe, Hon. AIA, FSMPS, was the founder of The Coxe Group; author of the seminal books Marketing Architectural and Engineering Services and Managing Architectural and Engineering Services, and co-author of Success Strategies for Design Professionals; and a popular speaker. A founder of SMPS and Member #2, Coxe was the driving force behind the creation of an identity for “non-professionals who sold professional services.” Read more
Coxe passed away on March 15, 2011. In that same year, the Society renamed the Marketing Achievement Award in his honor and memory.
For More Information
Contact Tina Myers, CAE, SMPS Headquarters, at 703.549.6117, x224, or email@example.com.