For SMPS Members Only
There’s more than one way to feed your brain. Grab your lunch—or breakfast—and join SMPS on GoToWebinar for Lunchtime Learning Labs.
This FREE educational series features great topics and respected speakers who can help you build skills to work smarter, advance your career, and build your firm’s business.
Offered every other month and providing 1 CEU, the programs will run between 45 and 60 minutes—to fit into your busy schedule.
Are you a CPSM? When you participate in a lab, you will earn continuing education units toward recertification for SMPS’s Certified Professional Services Marketer (CPSM) program.
It’s simple to participate:
1) Choose any lab—or choose all of them.
3) Look for an email with the access code for the program.
4) Join us on GoToWebinar on the program date.
Labs will be recorded and available in the Lunchtime Learning Labs folder in the Marketing Resource Center on MySMPS after the program.
Thursday, July 21, at Noon EST: Photography Basics for Marketing Professionals
Presented by (pictured left to right): Adam Kilbourne, FSMPS, CPSM, and Ted Orr
Do your marketing photos need sprucing up, but you don’t have a budget to hire a professional photographer? During our July Lunchtime Learning Lab, you’ll learn few basic tips and tricks to improve the quality of your own photos. Our presenters will also show you how to build a solid image library without breaking your marketing budget.
Headshots, company event pictures, and architectural photographs each have their own considerations when capturing the best shot. Learn guidelines for composition, lighting, and basic post-processing that will make your photos shine.
Better photographic equipment can give you more options, but it’s not necessary to run out and get a new camera. We’ll help you learn to use the camera you have, even if it’s on your smartphone.
And when certain situations call for the work of a professional photographer, you’ll discover what’s needed. During the lab, we’ll discuss when it’s important to hire a professional and how to develop an RFP.
During this lab, you’ll learn:
1. The basics about camera terminology, camera settings, and equipment/accessories
2. Composition for improving photography of architecture and people
3. How to shoot your own photos suitable for general marketing materials
4. Ways to take photos with the camera equipment you currently own or have available.
5. When to photograph it yourself or hire a professional photographer
About the Instructors
Adam B. Kilbourne, FSMPS, CPSM, Director of Marketing, Tec Inc. Engineering & Design / Tec Studio Inc.
Ted T. Orr, Director, Development Experience, Crawford Hoying Development
Save the Date:
- November 2: How to Get a Meeting with the Most Unreachable Potential Clients
Presented by Matt Handal
More details to come.
For More Information:
Contact Natasha Moussavi, SMPS Headquarters, at 1.800.292.7677, ext. 243, or email@example.com.