Do you know where to find new project leads and connect with clients?
Whether you’re a new or seasoned business developer, Business Development for the A/E/C Industry will provide you with the skills and tools to build more business for your firm in any economy. Led by seasoned, active A/E/C practitioners with responsibility for bottom-line contractual results, this program will strengthen your business development skills to position your firm for success in 2017. During this interactive, day-long workshop you will gain the special skills, techniques, and tools necessary to develop and maintain a successful business development program for your professional services firm.
Who Should Attend
Business Development for the A/E/C Industry is ideal for professionals who are:
- new to business development
- looking for formal BD training
- working in a technical profession and responsible for BD and client development
- transitioning from marketing to BD
- training technical staff to develop business
Gain insight into your specific business development needs. You will be challenged to evaluate the effectiveness of your current sales efforts, to strengthen your firm’s business development strategy, and to explore effective solutions to challenging business development situations.
2017 Workshop Dates and Locations
- Tuesday, March 14: Seattle, WA
- Tuesday, March 28: Nashville, TN
- Tuesday, April 11: Alexandria, VA
- Tuesday, May 16: Orange County, CA
- Tuesday, June 6: Kansas City, MO
- Wednesday, July 12: Indianapolis, IN
New in 2017:
A new networking event has been added following the completion of the workshop at approximately 4:30 pm. More details to come.
Registration is open.*
- Click on the location links above to register online.
- Download the paper registration form.
* Discount of $50/person applies to registrations received and paid 30 days prior to the workshop date. Member registration rates apply to the named SMPS member and are not transferable.
By the end of the day, you will understand how to:
- generate leads that end in contracts
- prepare for a networking event and work a room
- connect with different personality styles among your clients
- use BD strategy to build profitable business for your firm
Business Development for the A/E/C Industry is approved for 6.5 hours of Certified Professional Services Marketer CEUs and AIA learning units.
Bring Business Development for the A/E/C Industry to Your Office!
SMPS will come to you! SMPS’ Corporate In-House Training programs offer training for larger teams for a fixed price. This means no time out of the office, no travel expenses, and customized, consistent training for the entire group. Each program can be tailored to meet your organization’s needs and schedule. Call 800.292.7677, x247, for details and pricing.
For More Information
Contact Dan Reilly, SMPS Headquarters, at 703.549.6117, x223, or firstname.lastname@example.org.