RULES OF THE GAME*
All SMPS chapters are automatically entered to compete.
CONTEST DATES | FEBRUARY 1–APRIL 15, 2013
- First Round: February 1–15
- Second Round: February 16–28
- Third Round: March 1–15
- Fourth Round: March 16–31
- Fifth Round (Final Four): April 1–15
CHAPTER BRACKETS | PERCENTAGE TO WIN IN FINAL FOUR
- Mega: Over 130 members (5% growth to win)
- Large: 80–130 members (6% growth to win)
- Medium: 54–79 (7% growth to win)
- Small: Under 54 (10% growth to win)
Bracket size subject to change.
Note: Student, lifetime, comped, and emeritus members will not be included in membership counts. Final brackets will be determined on the day before the contest begins: January 31.
ADVANCEMENT | WINNERS
- At the end of each round, the chapter with the greatest percentage of growth will advance to the next bracket.
- Those chapters who advance to the Final Four will all be eligible to receive prizes. To claim prize, chapters within the Final Four must have achieved a certain percentage of membership growth within the dates of the contest. Percentage is determined by bracket category (see above).
- MVP: Each chapter in the Final Four who achieves the percentage of growth needed to win will select its own MVP! The MVP will be recognized with a trophy and prize.
Qualifying chapters from the Final Four will win the following:
- $1,000 toward a future program speaker
- 1 New Membership Gift Certificate ($405 value)
- 1 Membership Renewal Gift Certificate ($355 value)
- 2 Webinar Gift Certificates ($358 value)
- 1 additional chapter team discount to Build Business™ ($450 value)
TOTAL VALUE: $2,568!
That’s not all! A drawing will be held from the qualifying Final Four to win:
- DOUBLE shared dues of new members and renewals obtained during the contest period.
- 1 registration to 2013 Build Business™ ($1,190 value)
Drawing will take place during the Chapter Presidents’ Leadership symposium (PLS), April 25–27, 2013, Alexandria, VA.
*Rules are subject to change.